Valentine's Day is tomorrow! The fringe heart DIY is perfect for decor or an over-sized Valentine- what girl would not love a huge heart for Valentine's Day?
Foam Board or Cardboard
Small Paint Brush
1) Draw an outline of a heart onto your foam board or cardboard. You can make it any size you want!
2) Cut the heart out with your standard scissors.
3) Take several sheets of tissue paper (I use 5 at a time) and cut about half an inch up with the fringe scissors along the edge of the tissue paper.
4) After completing the fringe line, take your standard scissors and cut the fringe line from the tissue paper. Leave a little space on top, so that the fringe stays connected, as shown in picture below:
5) Beginning from the bottom of the heart, spread a line of mod podge onto the poster board, apply a piece of fringe- one line at a time. Keep the fringe close together so that the top one overlaps the bottom one a bit.
6) You will have to cut the fringe down in some sections to fit the heart. Keep adding fringe until complete!
You can use it as decor, or an impromptu game of toddler peek a boo:
|Kalia, My Valentine <3|
Check out some other Valentine ideas: